Monday, October 27, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar - THM S

Okay, so it isn't the best picture, someday I will get a better one. In my defense, when I took the pic I was not thinking of putting it on a blog, I was just excited about this cookie bar, now I am wishing I had taken a better picture, but I think you get the idea. Who doesn't love a delicious chocolate chip cookie bar? 

This recipe was a labor of love for me. I had tried several recipes, trying to find the one recipe my whole family would like. You see, these aren't just any chocolate chip cookies, these are sugar free, low carb, chocolate chip cookies! Yeah, you heard me right! These cookies are an S on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.

I tried several different recipes and I got votes of approval from some on each of them but none of them were loved by everyone. Finally, I decided to start combining them and this is what I came up with. I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine did!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar - THM S

  • 3/4 cup THM brown sugar (if you don't have this already made up you can just use 3/4 cup erythritol or xylitol and add 1/2 tsp molasses and 1/8 tsp maple or butterscotch extract to your recipe. For the recipe to make brown sugar to have on hand please visit Gwen's Nest.)
  • 1-2 tsp pure stevia extract (Like THM brand.  Your batter should be sweeter than you think the finished product should be because the sweetness will lessen when you bake them.)
  • 2 sticks butter (softened, can be partially melted if making bars)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp caramel extract
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 3/4 cup oat fiber
  • 1/4 c whey protein powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp glucomannan
  • 8-12 oz sugar free chocolate chips OR chopped skinny chocolate OR chopped 85% dark chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together brown sugar, stevia and butter. If you are making cookie bars your butter can be very soft or melted. If you are going to make individual cookies do not melt your butter but you will need it to be soft. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one. Add vanilla and caramel and mix thoroughly. Add all dry ingredients except chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.  Stir in chocolate chips. 

For cookie bars, spread batter in a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. (Please check these at 15 minutes. You do not want to dry them out by over cooking.)

For individual cookies, drop batter by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. (Please check these at 8 minutes. You do not want to dry them out by over cooking.)

Again, these cookies should not be overcooked so check them at the lowest time. Also, be sure to keep them stored in an airtight container to keep them from drying out. Enjoy!

~ PIN IT ~

No comments:

Post a Comment